IC Lighting takes your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act, the Spam Act and the Do Not Call Register Act. You can also obtain a copy of our privacy act by contacting our staff at [email protected]
Personal Information Collected by IC Lighting
Information collected about you is obtained directly from you and it depends on the type of interaction you have with us.
We may collect your information in the following ways:
- When you complete purchase orders, register an account or provide a product review, whether by phone or electronically.
- Send us an enquiry via our online ‘Contact Us‘ form or provide us with feedback either online or by phone, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response.
- When you provide information via social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other as updated from time to time.
- When you communicate with us directly by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means.
- When you interact with us during promotions, competitions and any other online or local events.
Collection of personal information via cookies
Information is automatically collected through your use of the iclighting.com.au website via cookies.
Cookies are small text files that websites may place on your computer or device. Most often, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to your accounts to improve the functionality and usability of the IC Lighting website.
The personal information we collect
We may collect personal information from you in order to:
- deliver the products you have purchased from the iclighting.com.au website;
- generate orders, records, agreements for the sale of products, and create accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- communicate with you during the delivery process of the product and for customer support purposes;
- provide you with relevant information regarding products as requested;
- aid IC Lighting in the development of new products and services;
- optimise the website and your shopping experience;
- provide you with any future loyalty program;
- promote IC Lighting and our products either directly or via competitions and social media;
- assist us in answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media;
- comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
- update your personal account.
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
IC Lighting will communicate with you about your order and the purchased product using email and by phone. In order to make an order you must create an account and provide us with a valid email address for this purpose.
We may also request feedback on your order, the shopping experience and the products offered via emails and surveys for the purpose of improving IC Lighting’s service and product offering. If you do not wish to receive such material, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by emailing
When you select to be a IC Lighting subscriber, we’ll also use your personal information to send you marketing or promotional information from time to time. You can opt out of receiving marketing information from IC Lighting at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the email newsletter or by changing the settings under your My Account section.
As part of our commitment to maintaining your privacy, IC Lighting does not condone unsolicited commercial electronic messages or ‘spam’. We will only send commercial electronic messages (ie. emails) with the addressee’s express or inferred consent to receive it.
Updating your personal information
You can update your personal information by accessing your account by logging in to My Account.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Personal information is required only for the period stated by the state and federal legislations, and destroyed when no longer required.
While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online. Please note you disclose that information at your own risk. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
When purchasing from IC Lighting, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest encryption technology.
Links to third party sites, that are not operated or controlled by IC Lighting, are provided for your convenience on our website iclighting.com.au.
Disclosure of personal information
We value our customers and will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from the IC Lighting website.
There may be some exceptional circumstances for disclosing your personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes. IC Lighting is committed to complying with the Privacy Act.
IC Lighting will randomly select transactions and request for proof of identification via email for the purpose of credit card fraud prevention.
Creating a secure online shopping environment is extremely important and random identification checks ensures we can take further steps to prevent credit card fraud.
There will be a three-working-day period in which to submit a copy of your driver’s license or similar photo ID via email to IC Lighting. Once we receive the requested documentation, your order will be processed and shipped as soon as possible. If we do not receive the requested information within three working days your order will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
Access and correction
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
Complaints and queries
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
Version 1.1, updated 02-02-2021.